Sunday, January 13, 2013


   One thing you really take advantage of in a marriage is the comfort level you gain with each other after so many years. Think about it, when ya start dating you're all about impressing each other. Everything has to be perfect and proper THEN ya get comfortable and next thing ya know you're skinny jeans turned into sweats, your're barely wearing makeup, and why close the door when you're in the bathroom ?! Let me tell you, getting back into the dating world isn't easy !! In fact it's down right exhausting. You are literally starting over and it's pretty scary. On the other hand, its exciting !! Time to slap the makeup back on, break out the heels, get yourself some highlights and get a tan because you got some impressing to do !! Talk about stressful but OMG so much fun !! Its like rediscovering yourself. You meet new people, experience new things, make new friends, and realize you STILL got it. =) Ya take the good with the bad and the gentlemen with the jerks. Whats nice is after a while you learn very quickly how to weed those out !!
   Everyone told me dating after divorce (especially if you have kids) is TOUGH for many reasons. Biggest one I heard was guys will run for the hills once they hear about your 3 kids. Way too much baggage !! I honestly have not had that problem YET. However, so far I've dated very few guys and they knew about my kids before hand so still waiting on that runner. Honestly, my opening conversation with anybody involves my 3 kids and how they are NUMBER ONE so before the date even happens they're fully aware and if that scares them off then good riddens !! Please don't be the parent that hides the fact you have kids just to prevent scaring someone off.
   Another question I get asked is "When is it okay to introduce your kids to your boyfriend ?" Here is my answer. Do not introduce your kids to every man you date. Seriously, they don't need to see that !! Set a good example for them. Remember, they just went through a tough time watching you seperate and need time to adjust to a family of just you and them. Trust me when I say if you throw sudden changes at them they'll resent you for it. Its like saying "Oh hey kids your dads gone so he'll do for now !!" Nothing irritates me more than seeing parents move on super quick and force their kids into this loving relationship with their bf or gf just to upset the other parent and when that happens you think turnabout is fair play right ?! I'll show him !! BUT STOP !! Revenge always feels so good I know but your kids aren't weapons. The kids will not want to disappoint you either so they'll play along most times. What other choice do they have when forced into something ?? BUT I assure you inside they're little minds they're feeling guilt and anger towards the whole situation. Be smart and put them first. Ask them if they are okay with you moving on and if they are ready to meet somebody who is important to you but I cant express enough....Give them time !!
   Its gonna feel at times like highschool drama is creeping back up on you and people are going to talk about you like it's their job !! You'll hear comments from friends like "OMG I cant believe youre talking to him!" or "I don't think hes good for you." All you can think is WTH ?? Really ?? Did ya see the hell I just crawled out of ?? LOL OR God forbid you'll have some insane jealous ex that goes coo coo for cocoa puffs and spends every waking moment trying to figure out ways to stop any relationship you have and fabricate a ton of stories to anybody that will soak up his BS. Phew !! How awful that would be. Can you even imagine ?? SMH !! =) Just keep doing what you're doing and dont sweat the small stuff. Take into consideration what your friends tell you but you're an adult now, you can make your own choices. In the end it will all work out exactly how its meant to be. I promise.=)
   One thing I learned is its okay to be picky !! Its not just you and him in the long run....its you,him and your kids !! Find them the best there is out there. Its not going to happen over night and if it does, you got the wrong guy !!  You're more than likely going to have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince so have patience and have fun !!

No comments:

Post a Comment