Monday, February 18, 2013

Diagnosis: Baby Fever......

     Well, it's finally hit me. Everybody told me it would after I had my third and last child. I thought they were crazy !! Then again, I was also holding my itty bitty baby girl in my arms and she was fulfilling my baby needs at the moment. THEN she turned 4 and now I've come down with a terrible case of baby fever. Symptoms include but not limited to: the constant desire to hold,smell,cuddle and kiss a baby. Walking by baby clothes in a store and gushing over how cute and tiny they are. Constant dreams of giving birth. Secretly picking out baby names...... *sigh* I bet little Blake or Skylar would be soooooo cute......Not that I've put any thought into it at all !!
    The cure: Have another baby, buy a cute cuddly puppy, babysit, or find somebody with a colicky baby that does nothing but scream and you will change your mind !! Well, I have a puppy and I often babysit. It's not working. Also, I have the patience of a saint especially when it comes to children so the crying, screaming. teething, colic, dirty diapers at 3 am and feedings around the clock every 4 hrs never got to me !! I LOVE every little thing a child has to offer. I know !! I'll take care of my friends and neighbors little ones !! My ovaries are still feeling pretty neglected here. Here lies the problem. I'm 34 and not getting any younger. I'm a single and slightly overwhelmed mother of 3 and I do not have any desire to get married again. How do I send that very loud ticking clock that memo ??
    I keep hearing "You have 3 beautiful and healthy kids so be happy and feel blessed with that!!" Lets not state the obvious please but yes, deep down I know they're right and mean well. OF course I am blessed and so grateful for them !! I'm loving every milestone they come to from beginning pre-school to beginning high school but I think its natural for us mommas to miss what has passed so quickly. It's not bad or selfish to feel that way. It's not putting the children you have on the back burner its just wishing that tiny little baby that once slept on our chest and had that amazing beautiful baby smell was still at that stage in life. Who doesn't miss that cuddly stage ?! Its a phase we all go through as our kids grow but perhaps the only cure is letting it pass.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment