Monday, February 25, 2013

Just when ya think elementary school is over.....

I often worry how Id handle the situation if any 3 of my kids were to come home and say they have been bullied..I hear horror stories every day, some with good endings and some not so good. I love that the school are stepping up and doing their part of no tolerance and we as parents need to remember that it is so important to instill in our children KINDNESS !! I tell my children don't just be nice when you have the chance, be kind always. Offer your help, make someone smile, stand up for somebody if you see they're having trouble finding their own ground.  Even if you're standing alone, well you've made a huge difference in one persons life. There really isn't a better feeling.
Another subject we don't hear quite as often but its certainly out there, adult bullying. Being a victim of it myself  makes me 10X more worried about my own children having to endure it. I know the feeling of fear,sadness,powerless,being controlled and know how terribly it can damage you.It's the one thing I pray every night that my children never have to go through. I use my experiences as a way to show my children how important it is to never belittle anybody and never allow anybody to do it to you. They've sadly seen the hurt first hand and I believe that is why I have such beautiful, kind,loving children. So I choose not to look at my bad experiences as a tragedy and cry and hide away. I chose to educate adults and children with them. Bullying is REAL in children AND adults. No matter what age there is one important thing to always remember. DON'T LET IT DEFINE YOU !!

No comments:

Post a Comment