Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.Aristotle Onassis

   Today I woke up, got a few kids fed and off to school, played a mean game of Candy Land and sat in my attorneys office a couple hrs. Typical day in the life of Tiffany ?? Nah, just the day I decided to put my big girl panties on and get some help. First off Id like to say, I have THE BEST attorney on the face of the universe. I spent so much time with her during the two years of my divorce it was like my 2nd home and she saw me through so much that it was hard not to look at her as a friend as well.  I never walk away from her without an answer and a smile.
    During my moments of sitting there shaking my head at my wits end I couldn't help but say outloud.....WHAT am I doing here 2 years later ?! All this should have stopped !! Why can't people just move on ?? How on earth do I stop all the hurt my kids are witnessing so they grow up to be healthy individuals ?? What do you do when you have done your part and the opposite party can't let go ?? Maybe its guilt that drives a person to be so bitter ?? Jealousy ?? Maybe its knowing they've lost complete control ?? What could possibly cause a human being to project so much hatred towards another to where he/she feels the need to lie to and manipulate so many of his/her "friends" and family into feeling the same thing towards a person ?? Well, if ya read my last post there is one word that comes to mind. BULLY. What were you told to do when you were a child and somebody is picking on you ?? Well, I remember what my parents told me. "Walk away and be the better person. Those who know and love you know better and anybody friends with that bully are just victims themselves and cant bring any good to your life." 
     I have to say the last year has been AMAZING in many areas for the kids and I. Moving on was exactly what we did. New home, new car, a new guy we ALL adored...so many new things we all needed and were well deserved being we were left with so little. A fresh start allowed us a new beginning to our new family with just the four of us. I wish I could say it was happily ever after from there BUT it seems as though we got so lost in happily ever after I had forgotten not EVERYBODY enjoys a good fairy tale. One persons happiness is anothers kick in the behind !! 
    We had a slight dent put into our lives for a while. We became "a little bent...not broken" (so to speak) and it seems as though it will continue IF we continue to remain in the same place. So now I have a pretty heavy weight on my chest as any single mother would have. Should we stay or should we go ?? Maybe staying in the same area was a bad idea because while were under a new roof were still near others who'd like to see us fall and will never move on enough to allow us the great life together we're entitled to and CAN have. So maybe as the only legal custodial parent my 3 children have I have to do the walking for all 4 of us. As of right now....its the only light I see for us. We are blessed to have so many family and friends allow this to be an option for us. I know with this decision comes a lot of sadness from family and friends who'd like us to stay and I assure you that weighs heavy on me. Maybe mom and dads grade school advice wasn't all so bad....but its sure not easy. 

1 comment:

  1. too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend sajid, bangalore,i have read , and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, aristotle onassis quotes

    ReplyDelete